Sunday, July 18, 2010

Vintage Fashion Finds

Out and about yesterday, I found some great vintage clothes at a couple of garage sales. I very rarely buy anything new. Some I will upcycle, some I wear as is, some just need a little repair.The best thing is they haven't cost me a fortune, as most were purchased between $2 and $10.

This has a 1940's look to it and cost $2.00.

The perfect hostess, a $2.00 purchase.

This is not vintage, however I love the colours. It seems to be handmade from teatowels and was also $2.00.

Sweet little vest from Holland for $5.00, I'm wearing it today.

Another $2.00 purchase.

This is my favourite buy, a 1950's original for $10. It needs to be repaired, the skirt seams and hem are all undone, but it is so pretty.


5 comments:

Kate said...

They are all such great finds but your favourite is my favourite too. I love it.

green tea and red nails said...

love these... especially those dresses! gorgeous :)

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

I love the stripey dress and the fifties dress is gorgeous. A skirt made out of tea towels...now there's a thing...

inuk said...

Wow Great finds! For almost a year I have only shopped at op shops and think its the greatests thing! When I get home from a shop I am so giddy. The best part is that everyday I get to wear something different!

Bounty Huntress said...

Will you come be my personal shopper? Lovely finds!