Super Easy Comfort Cauliflower Soup

When it's cold outside and your feeling lazy, this soup is a winner. My girls said "ooh yuk cauliflower", but after tasting it, I heard those magic words that brings a smile to my face, "can I have some more please, that's yummy". This recipe came from Stephanie Alexander's Cooks Companion. I have made some adjustments.


Cauliflower Soup

1 cauliflower chopped into pieces, including stem.
1 litre chicken stock ( if your feeling lazy just use stock cubes)
Salt & pepper
1/2 cup cream - more for comfort, less or none if dieting
Grated parmesan

Cook cauliflower in stock till tender.
Let cool a bit before you puree altogether. (We don't want soup all over the kitchen, as I have had before - not very comforting).
Add cream put back in pot to warm up again.
Serve with lots of parmesan and crusty bread or hot buttered toast.

Dinner is served.



Comments

mmmm yummy. Cauliflower cheese (blue cheese) soup is also a winner.
Alison said…
Tell me more, please.
Widge said…
mmmmmm this looks so good! thanks for the receipe
Kirsty said…
I made cauliflower soup but the recipe I used didn't have the cream or cheese. It was very bland.

I am glad that you have had better success and I will use it as inspiration to try again.

I think that the parmesan is essential to give it some flavour!

Popular Posts