My Creative Textile Year



Its been quite a while since I posted here.
Since February I was a full time student with RMIT studying Textile Design & Development.

This was a huge learning curve for me and in the first two weeks, I thought I would never be able to cope with the amount of work that was required. I soon discovered that to achieve my goals, I had to be more efficient and unfortunately, blogging was just one thing I felt I didn't have time for.  

Below is just a portion of some of the things that I produced or experienced in the last nine months.



In the beginning we got back to basics and painted and drew in black & white.
This is our groups collection of some florals in ink.


The project was Botanica and how to put your work into a swiss repeat manually.



My hand painted floral design for children's wear.



A machine knitted experimental sample. 
Creating loops.



My final machine knitted piece for assessment during construction.
I had to sew in all the loose ends. Ughh!


My final woven piece for assessment.
Linen warp and weft. Linen as a warp was a real challenge.


My first screen print panels using paper cut outs.


Our groups shibori pattern samples


My machine knit samples on display for Open Day.


Screen print texture samples


John Wolesley holding my piece after his workshop.


 India Study Tour


Experimental materials to create a 3D item
Twisted newspaper and recycled copper wire from broken electronic item.


Paper and wire pot


Testing how disperse dyes can heat transfer onto synthetic fabrics.

As you can see it has been a busy year of learning and exploration.

Comments

Tanya Murray said…
Wow! You've been really busy. Glad to see you following some long term dreams too. All the best and more for the new year
tess said…
Your smile says so much, what a wonderful gift to yourself. Your work is very gorgeous!
Hi Alison, wow I enjoyed having a look at all the experimenting you have been doing on your course. Will be interesting to see which process you really enjoy and what it will have you creating!
Unknown said…
OBAT PEBESAR PENIS obat pembesar penis anabolic rx24

OBAT PEBESAR PENIS ANABOLIC RX24

OBAT PEBESAR PENIS HAMMER ASLI

OBAT PEBESAR PENIS ANABOLIC

OBAT PEBESAR PENIS ANABOLIC ASLI

OBAT PEBESAR PENIS HAMMER OF THOR
`

Popular Posts