The Knitted Igloo

I've got myself cold, complements of the girls and I wasn't feeling up to doing much yesterday, except to tinker at my new work space and add some rows to my knitted tea cozy.

Later in the afternoon, we took the girls for a lazy bike ride along the river, past the falls to the farm, while we walked. As we approached the falls I could hear the sound of cool latin style music drifting on the breeze and to our delight a band had set up shop, playing away to passes by. What a pleasant way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon, listening to some nice music on a lovely spring day in a beautiful setting.


Near them was a construction that looked like a tent or yurt, but was in fact a knitted igloo, made from all sorts of cut up knitted items, then all sewn together. There was a sign out the front that all were welcome, however upon entering no real words were allowed to be spoken.
So we thought we'd give it a go. Do you realise how difficult it is to converse in a made up language. Ava managed the best reverting into baby talk, I just coped with my Bill & Ben Flowerpot Men impersonations, but mostly there was lots of laughter.


So all in all I felt better, but returned home very tired. I hope this cold goes away soon.









Comments

CurlyPops said…
Wow how cool is that!
a.M. said…
How awesome! I want a knitted igloo now.
Love that knitted igloo and looking forward to seeing your knitted tea cosy.

Hope your cold passes quickly.
Gosh. I definately need a knitted yurt in my life! That's awesome. Thanks for swinging by my blog ;) *s*

Popular Posts