Vintage Adventure Books

I discovered on my travels this boxed set of kids adventure books by Alan Garner. I was so excited as I remembered reading the Weirdstone of Brisingamen when I was about 8 or 9. It was like finding a long lost friend. The stories were written in the early 60's, however this edition is from the early 80's. Reading the story again as an adult, it still has that same magic and adventure, that I remembered as a child . I look forward to reading the other books in the collection as I've never read them. One of the great things about having children is that I get to read all those great old stories again with them, and see the excitement on their faces. They have enjoyed Enid Blytons adventures of The Wishing Chair, The Book of Brownies, Mr Meddles Muddles and The Faraway Tree. We are currently reading The Wizard of Oz, one chapter a night before bed.

Do you have any great stories that you grew up with?

Comments

Popular Posts