Vintage Finds

It was a weekend of fete's and garage sales and we are exhausted, hence the late post of vintage finds.

I struck gold yesterday at a garage sale.

I just knew I had to get up early for this one which started at 8 am, which is a bit tough on a Sunday, especially since we had spent the whole day before at our school fete, but when you get the calling you just have to respond and let me tell you I was not disappointed.

I unearthed some real treasures, some I have photo's of below, the others I haven't got around to photographing yet.


These sewing draws were just screaming out to me to take them home, as I was trying to think where I would put them, the lady reduced their price by $10.00 to $30.00 and I needed no more prompting.

Just in need of a bit of spit and polish.


My happiest moment was when I saw this table.

I've been looking for a while now for a new sewing table as my other one is being used in the kitchen. I think it's English oak and it has drop leaf sides for space saving when not in use.

It could probably use a bit of tidying up, but I'm happy at the moment as it is. Not bad for $55.00.

Here it is with one leaf up.



I can't believe this plate was still there at the fete by the end of the day. I paid $3.00 for it, there are no chips or cracks and it's Beswick.

See Sophie's for more vintage finds.














Comments

Great finds, the table looks nice and sturdy and I love the little drawers.
Love the little plate - it's gorgeous!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger
Nelly said…
Silly me had 4 of those sewing drawers for years and got rid of them before we moved and before blogging argghhhhh I am seeing them everywhere now.And that table I found one like it too mine was $20 had it at daughters to use and one of her fiends sat on it while leaf was up double arrgggggh not once but again when he visited a few weeks later I was devastated.Have someone looking to see if they can fix it so make sure no one sits on yours or you will cry too xxx
BeckyKay said…
Really beautiful finds!!
Bungalowgirl said…
So good to find a sewing table when you NEED one to appear. Love that dish too by the way. melx

Popular Posts