Spring

 

 

When the sun comes out all you want to do is spend the day outside.

The girls wanted to make a tent under the clothesline.

It was a beautiful creation of sheets and blankets and cushions .

 

 

 

They then got into some mud pie making.

I haven't seen them do this for a while,

but it was lovely to watch them enjoy making a mess.

 

My winter garden looks very over grown now and I need to start

clearing it out to get ready for the spring planting.

We enjoyed growing purple broccoli, spring onions,

purple cabbage, rocket ( self seeded), and snow peas.

The chooks race over when they see me enter the garden

as they know they always get a treat. It might be a snail or slug, but

usually a few leaves from an old broccoli plant. When it's time to dig

it up, I let them in and they are virtually sitting on top of the spade

waiting to see what they can snaffle. It's funny but I have to be so

careful that they don't get a spade in the back of the neck.

 

 

 

 

Comments

Allison said…
Hi Al...can I move into that cubby?...looks perfect. wow the girls have shot up! Love this time of year...even if it does make me sneeze. hope all well in your neck of the woods....and good luck to the chooks!! x

Popular Posts